Filming in Abu Dhabi
COVID-19 Guidelines for Shooting
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, and to protect the health and safety of all cast and crew members, Abu Dhabi Film Commission has prepared a set of Covid-19 Production Best Practice Guidelines to ensure production continuity for any filming taking place in Abu Dhabi.
- are derived from government rules and regulations and global industry resources;
- are advisory in nature and production companies are encouraged to use these guidelines as a basis for determining which set of best practices should be followed for their particular production;
- should be followed on a case-to-case basis, depending on the type, nature and size of the production;
- are not intended to constitute legal or other professional advice and shall not be relied upon or treated as a substitute for specific advice relevant to particular circumstances; and shall continue to be updated as Covid-19 conditions, rules and regulations evolve.
Please note that the producer is ultimately responsible at all times for the health and safety of the cast and crew.
To access the Covid-19 Production Best Practice Guidelines click on the “Guidelines” button below.
If you require further information or have any questions, please contact: email@example.com
National Media Council Production Guidance
The National Media Council issued a circular No (10) of 2020 on filming movies, series and programs, which is binding on all productions in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and provides the following restrictions:
- Productions must limit entry on set to essential personnel only;
- All crew members must undergo Covid-19 testing.
- Productions must adhere to health requirements determined by applicable authorities.
- Productions must have ongoing education for cast and crew on health requirements (e.g. via awareness campaigns).
The NMC is accepting applications for shooting permits for new productions – please contact the ADFC to assist when applying for shooting permits in Abu Dhabi.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Latest Covid-19 press updates:
April 04, 2021
Source: Deep Knowledge Group
Abu Dhabi ranked the best city in the world for COVID-19 Municipal Pandemic Response
April 04, 2021
Source: Gulf News
UAE ranked top FDI destination for investors.
March 25, 2021
Source: BroadcastPro Middle East
From Adversity to Prosperity – CEO Panel, with ADFC Commissioner Hans Fraikin.
March 3, 2021
Source: Department of Culture and Tourism – Abu Dhabi – YouTube
CNN – Department of Culture and Tourism chairman, HE Mohamed Al Mubarak, talks about the future of tourism and Abu Dhabi’s 100% safety certification goal.
December 14, 2020
Source: @Beckycnn Instagram
CNN – Connect the World reporter Becky Anderson, looks into how Abu Dhabi has used “Safe Bubbles” to keep sports events going through the pandemic.
September 22, 2020
Source: The National
Coronavirus: UAE leading the way in global testing as public again urged to avoid gatherings
The UAE remains at the forefront of global efforts to track Covid-19 cases and help contain the spread of the virus.
UAE launch COVID–19 tracing app ALHOSN
ALHOSN provides health protection to people who were close to COVID -19 cases and to prevent any spread of the virus. It also provides residents with access to their test results and a health color coding system that identifies and allows individuals that are free from COVID-19 disease to access public spaces. By using the app, everyone can help stop the spread of COVID-19, and keep their workforce, family and friends safe.
June 5, 2020
The UAE is ranked 11th in Forbes 100 Safest Countries In The World For COVID-19 and 1st in the Arab world
The report is based on categories such as quarantine efficiency, monitoring and detection, health readiness, and government efficiency.
June 1, 2020
Source: Etihad Airways Instagram
We’re taking extra steps to ensure you feel safe when you travel – Introducing Etihad Wellness. Our new initiatives will limit touchpoints throughout your journey, allowing for more distance between you and other guests. In addition, our team of Wellness Ambassadors will be available throughout your trip to provide essential travel information and care.
May 19, 2020
Source: Abu Dhabi Airports YouTube Page
Abu Dhabi Airports: Precautionary Measures Against COVID-19
May 17, 2020
Source: Abu Dhabi Government Media Office Instagram
“Do the right thing, like heroes do.”
Bollywood star Salman Khan, who has filmed many times in Abu Dhabi, appeals to the Indian community to benefit from the Government’s generosity, cooperate by complying with precautionary measures, & seek testing when COVID-19 symptoms develop.