Submision is closed
Your chance to show your film to the world in Cannes!
For the third consecutive year the Film Commission will be submitting up to 20 Short Films to be screened at the “Short Film Corner” in the Marche Du Film and at the Abu Dhabi Pavilion during Festival De Cannes 2012. This is a great chance for all UAE based filmmakers and it is part of our promotional activities at this major international festival.
Please read the following guidelines and application conditions:
The deadline for submissions is March 25th 2012
- Your film must have been produced after 01/01/11
- Your film length must not exceed 12 min
- One film per director
- The film must not have been registered in the last past edition of the Short Film Corner
- Films must be in French or English, or with English or French subtitles
We only accept multiplexed files (audio and video in one file). There is a maximum file size of 5 Gigabyte for each film. You can also upload movies up to HD 1920x1080, with the maximum file size of 5 Gigabyte.
For subtitled films the subtitles have to be integrated (burned in) into the image.
Make sure that your film does not have colour bars or black before the film starts and right after it ends.
Video format requirements:
Accepted file formats:
.mp[e]g / .avi / .vob / .mov / .mp4
Recommended codecs: MJPEG Apple ProRes H264 (high bitrate if possible: minimum 2MBit/s and Uncompressed (very large files!)
Resolution : PAL or NTSC (as well as SECAM) from 720x400px up to HD material of 1920x1080px
Audio format requirements:
Audio : 48kHz sound PCM (only uncompressed) MP3 AAC (if possible > 160 kBit/s)
The Film Commission Team will review the submitted films and if your short film was selected you will need to provide the following:
• Complete crew list of the film
• Production date, production company details (if applicable)
• Synopsis of the film
• Declaration of Ownership (Chain of Title) Letter
• Director's biography and filmography
• A picture of the film (so it can be placed on the catalogue) and a picture of the director.
• Detailed information of previous screenings