Entry is closed
As part of Abu Dhabi Film Commission’s objective to promote UAE produced films and our talented filmmakers and present them to the International industry. For the second consecutive year ADFC will be submitting up to 20 Short Films to be screened at the “Short Film Corner” in the Marche Du Film and at the Abu Dhabi Pavilion during Festival De Cannes 2011.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER IS 31st MARCH, 2011
Your film must have been produced after 01/01/10
The film must not exceed 12 min.
One film per director
The film must not have been registered in the last past edition of the Short Film Corner
All applications and films will be reviewed by the ADFC team and If selected, we will need you to provide the following:
Complete crew list of the film
Production date, production company details (if applicable)
Synopsis of the film
Director's biography and filmography
A picture of the film (so it can be placed on the catalogue)
Detailed information of previous screenings
The following producers have been selected to be part of Berlinale delegation
Butheina Hamed Kazim, Strategy and Business Development Manager at Dubai Media Incorporated. She is also the Producer of the documentary film Letters to Palestine, which premiered at the Dubai International Film Festival and was screened across Palestine. She is currently working on a series titled Teenage Arabia for Al Jazeera Documentary Channel. Butheina was a juror for the iEmmys Asia & Africa competition and curated an Independent Films Program at Shelter in Dubai.
Eva Star Sayre, the Business Director of Veritas Films since its inception in 2008. In addition to overseeing the strategic and financial affairs of the company, she is the Executive Producer of documentary projects such as the award winning Teta, Alf Marra (Grandma, A Thousand Times) and Champ of the Camp, which will enter production in June 2011.
Nawaf Al Janahi, Actor, Director and Producer of several prize-winning independent short films including Mirrors of Silence. His first feature-length film The Circle was officially selected in many international film festivals in the Arab region and Europe and was described by film critics as "A major turning point in Emirati and Gulf cinema." His second feature film Sea Shadow is now in post production.
Amina Dasmal, Producer and Founder of ALCOVE Entertainment (UAE), she has produced a collection of multi-award winning films, including productions in the US, UK, Puerto Rico and Tunisia. Amina produced Toronto Film Festival’s 2007 Discovery Award winning film Cochochi. Also produced Siren, The Caller, and Harmony Korine’s latest film, Trash Humpers. All of these films collectively have won 8 major film awards.
Join Abu Dhabi Film Commission at Berlinale (Berlin International Film Festival)
February 10th to 20th, Abu Dhabi Film Commission will be attending the Berlin International Film Festival and we’d like to encourage emerging and established Emirati Producers to join us. If selected, The European Producers Club, in association with ADFC will provide economy air travel and accommodation for 4 nights from February 11th to February 14th, as well as hosting a series of special events, workshops, and networking opportunities at the Festival.
DEADLINE for Entry was January 13th, 2011
• Emirati National producer with at least 2 films selected for screening at a local, regional or international festival or competition, or TV broadcast.
• UAE based producer (more than 5 years of UAE residence) that has been working with Emirati directors, with at least 2 films selected for screening at a local, regional or international festival or competition, or TV broadcast.
• Participants should be an active producer with the most recent film (feature, short, music videos) being completed in the past year, or they should be seen as actively developing productions in the UAE.
• Participants must have good English communication skills.
• Participants must be able to travel internationally on their own, or provide a suitable chaperone at their own expense if needed.
• Participants’ films will be used on the ADFC website where appropriate and films must have proper clearance for internet broadcast.
• Selected participants will be expected to attend all organized meetings, screenings as well as blog their experiences on a daily basis.