Abu Dhabi Film Commission is part of the Abu Dhabi Government’s Media Zone Authority and it launched in 2009.
We are here to support the development of Abu Dhabi’s film and TV industry, and promote the Emirate of Abu Dhabi as a production location, regionally and internationally.
We are passionate about the film and TV business. At the core of our DNA is a love of TV and film. We understand what is needed to create quality content, and what those who make it expect of us.
Our responsibility is to assist production companies through every step of the production process, whether that be:
- Accessing the generous 30% cash rebate on production spend;
- Free scouting assistance and finding a diverse range of unique locations;
- Assisting with the procedures to obtain shooting permits, visas, script approval, and customs clearance;
- Finding award-winning, experienced professional crew and supplier bases;
- Finding first class studios and post-production facilities at competitive rates
- Advice on superb accommodations and restaurants that will make you feel at home
- Well, we shouldn’t take the credit for it but we also offer year-round sunshine and blue sky
The Head of the Abu Dhabi Film Commission, Michael (Mick) Flannigan, is an experienced filmmaker.
Sameer al Jaberi, the Production Coordinator, has an excellent knowledge of Abu Dhabi’s locations and the processes required to make film and TV in Abu Dhabi.
The Government Liaison Officer, Ahmad Al Ghanim, has strong relationships within the local Government departments and twofour54 tawasol.
Karen Burns, Production Secretary, provides general support to the Abu Dhabi Film Commission in its day-to-day operations.